Call to Artists
Opportunities for BAA Members to hang your art in local venues!
The copyright of all paintings. Drawings and photographs shown on this site are owned and retained by the individual artists and the BAA. All rights reserved.
BAA 2020 CALENDAR—ENTRY RULES
THEME: “LIFE IN KERN COUNTY”
1. Only BAA members can enter, up to two en-tries each;
2. Enter only pieces created within the last two years;
3. All entries must be original; if from a photo, must be one personally taken or have permission to use; landscape is preferred, portrait will be accepted;
4. A (decent) copy of your art entry is to be emailed to Kay Hall at email@example.com on or before MAY 15, 2019;
5. If more than twenty-five (25) entries are received, the committee will meet and jury down to 25;
6. The popular vote will be conducted at the June General Meeting;
7. Only BAA members can vote;
8. The committee will meet to make the final selection for the cover and 13 months (Jan. 2020 thru Jan. 2021);
9. All entry artists will be contacted by email or phone, telling which art pieces have been selected for the Calendar;
10. Selected artists will be advised as to when and where to bring their piece to be professionally photographed by member Martin Varga;
11. The originals for the Calendar will be on display on the BAA Art Center featured wall during November 2019; and
12. Calendars and art will be for sale at that time.
THE GUILD HOUSE
(by Norma Neil, Coordinator)
The Guild House is continuing to help improve the exposure of art and increasing sales to everyone’s benefit. Another innovation this season is to have a rotating featured artist each week whose work will be on a display easel next to the reception desk. There will be a small information table with a stand up which will have BAA information on one side and the reverse will have a small image of the featured art plus a brief artist statement.
With this arrangement, the Guild House can show fifteen paintings on two levels with sizes ranging from 8”x10” up to 20”x24” depending on framing dimensions. Previously we only had space for nine painting, so this represents a much better exposure. Artists wishing to participate should contact Norma Neil at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Future themes for 2018: January-February “Bakersfield Icons”; March-April “Spring Renewal”; May-June “Wonderful Woman”; September-October “All Creatures Great and Small”; and November-December TBD
CALL FOR ARTISTS
NEXT GROUP SHOW
(by Norma Eaton)
The next group show will be in July. The theme will be Desert Dreams. Cacti, lizards, dunes, rock formations, etc. The deadline is Monday, June 10, 2019. Prospectus/Rules will be placed in the back of the BAA or can be emailed by contacting Norma Eaton at email@example.com.
Call for Entries: Artists' Opportunities to exhibit in the WEST
Click on link to follow other opportunities, not from the BAA, to competitions to enter your art.
An artist expands their art Portfolio by listing where you have exhibited your art and what awards you have received for your art. These things are great to list in a biography and a great marketing tool for self promotion. Remember to follow the entry instructions to the very letter, or you could be disqualified. You will find all the details to submitting you work by clicking on “Prospectus” on any of the postings.
If you win or are exhibited anywhere please let us know!!!
More “Call to Artists” links